• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you been asked to join the Dark Side?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you been asked to join the Dark Side?

Based on recent threads, and possibly as a measure of our current "climate"... poll to follow...
    Beaten a permie to death for daring to ask
    3.39%
    Had this casually raised in conversation
    28.81%
    Been propositioned as to a permie post
    23.73%
    Been given a formal offer
    10.17%
    Been given an ultimatum
    5.08%
    Been waiting for AndyW to ask
    28.81%

Not yet.

Been here 3 years and still waiting...
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Where is the not been asked option?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        Where is the not been asked option?
        Just pick Andyw
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

There is no Permie in the office to ask me, 3 layers above me are contractors. Don't know anyone above that
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Wheres the "I'm already a permie lurking on a contractors board" option?

Wilmslow
            Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
              Wheres the "I'm already a permie lurking on a contractors board" option?

Wilmslow
              But he doesn't stick to lurking

Comment

Funnily enough, about a year and a half ago, I did ask if they would consider taking me on as a permie, as they could make considerable cost savings by doing so.

Nothing's changed since then.

Ah well...you try and help some people....
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Just yesterday!

Today is the last day on the job.

Agent asked if I'd be interested in a premie job, I say's 'I'm no that desperate yet'
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Went for a permie interview this morning. He even mentioned how much the canteen has improved in an effort to convince me.

Comment

Working...
                    X