• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Having a BAD day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a BAD day

Am staying at the wife's place this week looking after the pets, and sod's law, one of the little critters has gone and pegged it. My youngest daughter's hamster, called Midnight.

Found it on the bottom of its cage this morning, barely breathing. Took it to the vet, where they said the only thing they could do would be to put it down. Which they did. And it cost me £20.

All in all, not a good start to the day. And it's getting worse...

£20 to kill a dying hamster!!! You should have given Freddy Starr a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
      Am staying at the wife's place this week looking after the pets, and sod's law, one of the little critters has gone and pegged it. My youngest daughter's hamster, called Midnight.

Found it on the bottom of its cage this morning, barely breathing. Took it to the vet, where they said the only thing they could do would be to put it down. Which they did. And it cost me £20.

I'm pretty sure a garden spade would have done the job just as swiftly and humanely.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Goodnight Midnight!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          £20 to kill a dying hamster!!! You should have given Freddy Starr a call.
          Shouldn't laugh but

Sorry moose, things can only get better
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            I'm pretty sure a garden spade would have done the job just as swiftly and humanely.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Thanks for the sympathy guys. I'll be burying her later. My daughter wants to hold a memorial service on Sunday.

Comment

Found it on the bottom of its cage this morning, barely breathing. Took it to the vet, where they said the only thing they could do would be to put it down.
                Are you sure it wasn't just hibernating?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  It isn't now...

Cue "Dead parrot sketch..."

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    No, it had pus coming out of its girl bits. I have to bury it later today, so I've put it in the fridge so it doesn't start to pong.

Comment

Working...
                    X