• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

would you take a contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would you take a contract

which was a bit to the left or right of your normal skillset/focus, just to stay in the game?
    yes
    40.00%
    yes, then jump ship at first opportunity
    53.33%
    rather see hell freeze over
    6.67%

Yes. Up the rate as well as you're likely to be spending extra hours reading the manual.

Comment

As long as it wasn't even more of a backwater than my current skillset Even then, probably yes if I needed the moolah

Comment

no poll?

I definetly would.

Comment

Doing it now. Initial contract was for one year, finished that bit after 6 months but still support it. Moved onto another project and after 6 months on that the contract was extended for another 14 months and looks like being extended again. In fact in the original skill set required I really only had 2 skills which I could actually put forward but because I had worked with the product around 12 years previously and not many people know it they took me on. Since then I've been working on projects which use tools and applications that I have never used before. Learning by doing (as the Germans say...)
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
          X