• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fujitsu losing NHS contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fujitsu losing NHS contract

Anyone working on this? I was looking into a Fujitsu gig (not NHS) and was wondering if its going to be worth pursuing now given the likely fallout of losing such a big contract.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Anyone working on this? I was looking into a Fujitsu gig (not NHS) and was wondering if its going to be worth pursuing now given the likely fallout of losing such a big contract.
    They didn't lose it, they quit. CfH wanted to renegotiate contract terms, Fujitsu wanted to stick to the original, agreement could not be reached. Fujitsu announced that they could see no prospect of a satisfactory outcome and announced their intention to withdraw from the contract as per relevent clauses. CfH in turn announced that they were instigating the appropriate action on their side to withdraw the contract.

It'll all end up in court one way or another.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

First Accenture and now Fujitsu.

That's 3 of the 5 regions that will have a new supplier from the one first allocated the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        let me know what your going in to (or looking at) and i'll get you some info! i left there last year after 7yrs and still have some v good contacts sepcifically around the PM resourcing.

As with most of the big ones, there isnt much going on at the min, and they're not winning much, but that sums the market up.
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
          First Accenture and now Fujitsu.

That's 3 of the 5 regions that will have a new supplier from the one first allocated the contract.
          I expect they'll just swap regions and carry on much as before.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
            I expect they'll just swap regions and carry on much as before.
            Nope, Accenture wanted out and will probably stay out

Comment

No problem,
              Start off with 5(?) suppliers doing exactly the same in different regions; press them all on terms until only the fittest survives to finish the job. Not a bad strategy if you can afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                No problem,
                Start off with 5(?) suppliers doing exactly the same in different regions; press them all on terms until only the fittest survives to finish the job. Not a bad strategy if you can afford it.
                As its a government project guess who has to afford it - the good old taxpayer. Still, if it provides us with gigs we are getting the tax back with a bit on top

Comment

Working...
                X