• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Afternoon all

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all

Well it's been a month in sunny Singapore, i see 2uk has chosen the same day as me to say hi, before all the rumours start, no we're not in anyway affiliated.

So, what's been going on?, in the 5 mins i've quickly scanned the threads it seems WHS (aka HRH) is back, if not my guess is it's a long timer having fun. Anyhoot, if someone could provide a quick summary of May on CUK I'd be more than grateful.

NOt that you care but a quick update on my side, Singapore's great, 32C most days, the project is beyond a joke and I'm thinking of ways not to put my name to it, not yet ventured to Orchard Towers yet, the food is great, wish y'all were here (not really but it seemed the right thing to say). It looks at the moment to be another 2 month gig..

so what's been going on?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Not WHS
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Not WHS
      WHS

Comment

errrr ok, the bit about i've been away for a month surely explains I dont get the WHS joke.. fill me in anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          errrr ok, the bit about i've been away for a month surely explains I dont get the WHS joke.. fill me in anyone?
          As its you, Chef, I'll be helpful.
          WHS=What He Said signifying agreement with another poster. But bagpuss hates it.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            As its you, Chef, I'll be helpful.
            WHS=What He Said signifying agreement with another poster. But bagpuss hates it.
            thanks SAS, it felt a bit like a 28 days Later moment earlier, I come back to the board to find it's all filled with WHS spouting zombie's.. so what else have I missed?

Comment

so what else have I missed?
              Hey chef.

This is what I got when I asked the same question recently:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-back-cuk.html
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Hey Chef, tell us some more about life and work in Singapore. How did you manage to land a contract there, how is the money, lifestyle etc... cheers!
                Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
                  Hey Chef, tell us some more about life and work in Singapore. How did you manage to land a contract there, how is the money, lifestyle etc... cheers!
                  WHS
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Here's a clue - They sell stationary.

P.S. Ignore sasguru's explanation.
                    Last edited by Marina; 30 May 2008, 14:21.

Comment

Working...
                    X