• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accenture PMs from India

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accenture PMs from India

Client Co seems to be filling up rapidly with these.

Why don't they understand that "no we can't do that by then" means just that. It doesn't mean "go away and get your boss and then his boss and then the boss's boss's boss and even a 'partner' (which incidently means nothing and scares no-one apart from the permie-Accenturites) to keep phoning me asking me the same b@stard question". If it was possible to do then I'd agree to do it. I'm not telling you you can't have it for fun and if I can't do it you had better believe no-one can!

.. and then the phone goes again and it's another one of the Bertie Blunts about a different project.

It's not being 'assertive', it's being an ignorant, pain in the @rse!

Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Why don't they understand that "no we can't do that by then" means just that. It doesn't mean "go away and get your boss and then his boss and then the boss's boss's boss and even a 'partner' (which incidently means nothing and scares no-one apart from the permie-Accenturites) to keep phoning me asking me the same b@stard question". If it was possible to do then I'd agree to do it. I'm not telling you you can't have it for fun and if I can't do it you had better believe no-one can!

.. and then the phone goes again and it's another one of the Bertie Blunts about a different project.

noddy dockers
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

So you're not a fan then

FWIW I go through the same thing daily with the same company you mentioned ^^^. I am now immune to all their noise.
      Last edited by oracleslave; 30 May 2008, 15:48.

Comment

My Accenture feckwits all seem to be Eastern European... its the EDS Indian imports who are truly dire
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

no we can't do that by then
          Is it possible you could do that by then IF you stopped whatever else you were doing and started on that?

Just wondering!

Oh and they are not being assertive they are being yes men to their boss and then sh*tting them selves when they realise they have backed themseleves into a corner by a** kissing.

If they were really assertive then they would tell Boss the answer is no - but you could have it by 'new date'

Hey ho

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            My Accenture flipwits all seem to be Eastern European... its the EDS Indian imports who are truly dire
            Eventually Delivering S-tulip
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Try not answering the phone!

HTH

Comment

I know it's a cultural thing and they'd just promise it and then not deliver. Have been burnt by Bharti pulling this stunt a few times. Maybe I should fight fire with fire?
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I know it's a cultural thing and they'd just promise it and then not deliver. Have been burnt by Bharti pulling this stunt a few times. Maybe I should fight fire with fire?
                  definetly! take no quarter.

Comment

I know it's a cultural thing and they'd just promise it and then not deliver. Have been burnt by Bharti pulling this stunt a few times. Maybe I should fight fire with fire
                    Not heard this one before - so their culture is to promise the world and deliver nothing..... regularly

and we seem to think outsourcing to people with this sort of culture attitude is a good thing

who us more stoopid us or them.....

Comment

Working...
                    X