• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK PÖLICE STATE : why police is targeting middle classes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK PÖLICE STATE : why police is targeting middle classes

target culture

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...t-targets.html

Do keep up at the back

ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Scaremongering nonsense - to be fair its about time that some offences did bring harsher penalites - for example overdue libraray books, giving children pocket money and not disclosing this on your tax return - smiling with intent -whilstling - the police should come down much harder on these crimes.

For the common good - you see.

Comment

So the government will panic and start requiring police to tackle "serious crimes" which is just as ridiculous; if some individual's life is being made a misery by a campaign of minor harrassment or petty vandalism is a widespread and recurring problem in an area, those have to be tackled.

Why can't ministers, who mostly can't do their own jobs properly, just leave competent professionals to make their own judgements?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Why can't ministers, who mostly can't do their own jobs properly, just leave competent professionals to make their own judgements?
          Looks like the forces that be are listening to you:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7428895.stm

Comment

The middle classes i.e genrally working and having a fixed abode are an easy revenue stream as well, no point in going after some council scally who hasn't got 2 beans to rub together when you can hit people who have money and can be traced easily.
            Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Officers are having to put Home Office targets before serving the public and are becoming increasingly alienated from ordinary people as a result.

Members of the public find officers to be "rude" and accuse them of neglecting their duties and failing to respond to reports of crime.

A few years back I was assaulted by seven hooligans as I made my exit from a chip shop on the outskirts of Glasgow - I really thought my number was up - the ringleader swinged a boot at my balls but I managed to catch his boot and then steped back and so upended him - only to see the six thugs homing in for me - some brandishing metal bars and knives.

Just then I heard one of them yell 'Its the feking Polis - Run !'

I looked up to see two bobbies running like the wind straight for these neds - they eventually caught four of them and certainly saved the neck of yours truly - utter heroes they were - so I cannot speak highly enough of the Police.
              Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 31 May 2008, 20:37.

Comment

Government and it's offices are scum who will suck the life from you and all those who dare to try and make a life for themselves independent of the hierarchy.

You heard it here not frist and certainly not last.

Comment

f**k the middle classes. they dont care what happens - until it happens to them. they get what they deserve.

Comment

f**k the middle classes. they dont care what happens - until it happens to them. they get what they deserve.
                    Have you gelled your mohican today and ironed your Billy Bragg T-shirt ?
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X