• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scientists sign petition denying man-made global warming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scientists sign petition denying man-made global warming

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...l-warming.html

I do wish the experts would make up their minds! Anyone would think they were just guessing or something...

About time I applied to become an expert. How do I apply?

The scientists who believe global warming, or even climate change, is man made, are from the same school as the bunch of loons that told Icarus his idea was genius.

As it happens, the government have no interest in disclosing the truth, whilst thay have a nice cash cow in the form of a scapegoat for plenty more taxes and laws.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
      The scientists who believe global warming, or even climate change, is man made, are from the same school as the bunch of loons that told Icarus his idea was genius.

As it happens, the government have no interest in disclosing the truth, whilst thay have a nice cash cow in the form of a scapegoat for plenty more taxes and laws.
      I just hate the way they keep changing their minds like I change my socks.

Comment

On the whole science doesn't advance by using petitions, more by publishing in peer reviewed journals. Why don't these scientists stick their necks out in the usual way? Mind you I'm not sure such journals would want to publish anything extolling the benefits of (or denying) climate change. Also, these were only American scientists I believe (or peope claiming to be scientists).

Comment

Brilliant... in ten years time the ecomentalists will all be driving around in V8 4x4's and slashing the tyres of smart cars.

In fact now fuel is so expensive I can see the government changing tack and encouraging us to burn more.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...l-warming.html

I do wish the experts would make up their minds! Anyone would think they were just guessing or something...

About time I applied to become an expert. How do I apply?
            do a course in .science
            loads of contracts out there for .scientists. Dont take a long one though because the world ends this year

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

30,000 people have filled in a form and sent it in, and all it says is that human activity isn't causing climate change??

This is like if scientists had had a load of endless debates about whether AIDS was "caused by homosexuals". It's irrelevent. AIDS kills millions every year, regardless of who or what "caused" it.

Climate change is happening, as a lot of the same scientists agree. In fact, one would have to be insane to deny it. But rather than get on with looking for ways to prepare for the impact and avoid chaos and mass death, they're bickering over whether it's caused by human activity or not. What kind of "scientists" are these?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                True.

Sadly the rates are really crap... just have a look at the ads in New Scientist...

Yes but .science in an investment bank pays well, provided you understand futures and selling short. and stuff

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  Yes but .science in an investment bank pays well, provided you understand futures and selling short. and stuff

I once worked with a quant who expected that because IBs pay more than work would be more interesting and more of a challenge than his previous work in pharmacuticals

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                    Climate change is happening, as a lot of the same scientists agree. In fact, one would have to be insane to deny it. But rather than get on with looking for ways to prepare for the impact and avoid chaos and mass death, they're bickering over whether it's caused by human activity or not. What kind of "scientists" are these?
                    Probably the kind that wants to point out that the public are being taken for a ride over green taxes.

In a few years time the government will have succeeded in financially forcing most people to switch to diesel cars because of lower co2 emissions, this will be a big mistake if it turns out that co2 emissions weren't to blame as in every other way diesel is a far worse pollutant than petrol.

So you see it is important to get your facts right before you introduce a policy that has such wide reaching consequences.

Interesting article
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X