• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh FFS!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh FFS!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4736969.stm

That blasted Blears woman is out and about among the muslim community today. Racial profiling is not fair, muslims should not be targeted and she wants to make sure that they anger of some young muslim men is heard. It was 7th and 21st

And another thing - currently on radio 2 Jeremy Vine is hosting a debate over what we can do to make muslims feel better about living in the UK
    Last edited by John Galt; 2 August 2005, 12:11.

Originally posted by John Galt
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4736969.stm

That blasted Blears woman is out and about among the muslim community today. Racial profiling is not fair, muslims should not be targeted and she wants to make sure that they anger of some young muslim men is heard. It was 7th and 21st

And another thing - currently on radio 2 Jeremy Vine is hosting a debate over what we can do to make muslims feel better about living in the UK
    Security sacrified for PC reasons - splendid! Get searching those little old ladies with their shopping trollies.

Comment

Hmmmm

The government is sadly mistaken if they think this has anything to do with religion, ethnicity or economics. It is actually to do with Islamo-fascism. The nearest analogy is Nazism. Interestingly I vistited some far-right wing websites after the bombings and although, as you'd expect, they're using this for their own ends, reading between the lines, I sensed a feeling of admiration and envy.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Interestingly I vistited some far-right wing websites after the bombings
        Sasguru, you're not "researching for a book you're writing", are you?
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

No but I'm not far right either. Just curious what they'd make of it. Curious bedfellows the Islamists and the Fascists. But they share many things: anti-Semitism, a belief in a "pure" culture, belief that things were better in the past etc ...
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

True, there was even a muslim Waffen-SS division. I think it was called 'Handschar', or something like that.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Well you all know I am a foreigner,
              Early this year I visited New York for the first time, I couldn't get over the fact that I was considered a New Yorker the minute I arrived there, everyone accepted me as a local just like that .. no one on the streets thought I was a tourist till I mentioned it to them, yes inspite of the accent and the foreign looks!!!

On the other hand I lived most of my life here in the UK, I also had most of my education here in the UK, but am always treated as a foreigner, and I will never be made to feel am at home...

moral of the story .. yes you need to feel to make English second/third generation Muslims feel that they have a home here, else they will get the identity crisis and rebel against this government..

btw the terror acts which was in the US was not from real Muslims who are American born.. perhaps this is because they feel the way I felt when I was in NYC???

Comment

Interviews with GIs etc one sees on TV do seem to support that SD. Yanks do seem to be American first and black/muslim etc 2nd. Possibly because the yanks are more insistent about people being citizens, as are the French.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Profilling

About thirty years ago stop and search applied in various parts of London.
                  The reason for this was potential IRA bombers.
                  At that time black people were not searched as clearly they would be very unlikely to be Irish terrorists.

So as far as I can see stopping people who might be muslim terrorists and not stopping white little old ladies seems logical to me.

Plod thinks so but these days such profilling would be racist.
                  sigh.

Comment

Working...
                  X