• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indoor TV Aerial

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indoor TV Aerial

Can anyone recommend an indoor TV aerial which will give a good enough signal for a Freeview box? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Depends, if your in a strong signal area for DTV then a cheap bog standard set top aerial will do the job. If not then 'One for all' do one with a built in signal booster for around £20 at Comet, Dixons etc.

HTH
    Last edited by Badger; 31 May 2008, 21:35.

Comment

It largely depends on the area you live in. Maybe opt for a satellite dish or a cable connection?

Comment

That's too complicated a question to answer. I used to get all the channels except the BBC ones through a roof top aerial, but if I wanted to get the BBC channels I could use an internal aerial which would give me nothing but the BBC channels.

Then I moved to where I live now, and I discovered I could get some of Freeview, but only with the indoor aerial balanced on a CD rack and a pile of books in one particular caorner of the living room.

Instead I got Sky. Much like Linux you arse around for ages with Freeview trying different things and listening to a thousand opinions and it never really quite does what you want, and then just like Windows you pay your money to Sky and it just works. Job done.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
          Can anyone recommend an indoor TV aerial which will give a good enough signal for a Freeview box? Or is that just wishful thinking?
          try this one.

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...hTerms=telecam

About the best you can get for £20. But it depends on the signal strength in your area. Belive me I lived with it for a month until getting sky.. No comparison

Comment

a wideband aerial in the loft worked for me when i was in the sticks in an area that was meant to have limited reception. i appreciate this may not be suitable if you live in a flat.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Instead I got Sky. Much like Linux you arse around for ages with Freeview trying different things and listening to a thousand opinions and it never really quite does what you want, and then just like Windows you pay your money to Sky and it just works. Job done.
              I will just point out that you do not need to subscribe to Sky in order to get all the usual digital channels on satellite.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Windows ... just works

Good one!

Comment

Working...
                X