• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long on the bench?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long on the bench?

How long you been on the bench, init!
    0-1 months
    50.00%
    1-2 months
    5.56%
    2-3 months
    11.11%
    3-4 months
    5.56%
    4-5 months
    0.00%
    5-6 months
    0.00%
    6 months +
    27.78%

The poll is expired.

Andyw decides how long I'm on the bench.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

7 months and counting.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        7 months and counting.
        Can you not some hod carrying work on that big hotel revamp on Morecambe sea front ?

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
          Can you not some hod carrying work on that big hotel revamp on Morecambe sea front ?
          I expect the Eastern Europeans have snapped up that one
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

7 months and counting.
            Wow, what industry?

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmithldn View Post
              Wow, what industry?
              I am an ada software engineer. Mostly in avionics and defence.
              Some of it was voluntary as I have been abroad and needed to get my SC back. I had to wait 4 months for that and then the job I was being cleared for went West.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

I am an ada software engineer.
                That was my first job many moons ago and I still get emails and very occasional calls about it from non CV reading agents. Why didn't you jump to something more lucrative during the boom years !? Aren't BAe always short of Ada people ?

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                  That was my first job many moons ago and I still get emails and very occasional calls about it from non CV reading agents. Why didn't you jump to something more lucrative during the boom years !? Aren't BAe always short of Ada people ?
                  I have been getting along quite nicely for the last 10 years. Never needed to cross over to anything else. I wouldn't be averse to changing tack, but have not realy done anything else for 10 years. Considering looking at PM work, but need to do Prince2 and ITIL courses to even be considered.
                  Things have gone a little dry lately and BAe have gone very quiet while they work out what to do after losing a major order. They got rid of 600 staffers and are still distributing work and workforce. They will start taking on again once they are sorted.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

I have been getting along quite nicely for the last 10 years. Never needed to cross over to anything else. I wouldn't be averse to changing tack, but have not realy done anything else for 10 years. Considering looking at PM work, but need to do Prince2 and ITIL courses to even be considered.
                    Things have gone a little dry lately and BAe have gone very quiet while they work out what to do after losing a major order. They got rid of 600 staffers and are still distributing work and workforce. They will start taking on again once they are sorted.
                    BAe was part of my wind things down and get a cushy number Up Nth plan by reverting back to Ada. One thing to be said for it is the contracts last forever and a day if you can take the pain. When things were dead in 2003 I did make a brief enquiry but they laughed at me after 10 years away. Luckily .Net is still ticking along nicely and I'll probably never look at a line of Ada again.

Comment

Working...
                    X