• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The sooner someone nukes pakistan the better!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sooner someone nukes pakistan the better!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7430721.stm

At least eight people have been killed in a car bomb attack near the Danish embassy in the Pakistani capital Islamabad, according to reports.

More than a dozen people were wounded. An embassy worker was among the dead and three were hurt, but no Danish citizens died, Danish officials said.

The embassy building and several vehicles outside were damaged.

It was not clear who carried out the attack, as Pakistan's main militant group recently declared a ceasefire.

Pakistan's top Taleban warlord Baitullah Mehsud is in peace talks with the authorities in an attempt to end fighting in the country's north-west.

It was like I was stuck between two speeding cars or between two moving trains - my door which was half-open slammed shut, everything moved

Asim Mukhtar, witness

Eyewitness: 'Screams all over'

Some Danish embassies around the world have been threatened since a cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad was reprinted in Danish newspapers in February.

The cartoons, deemed offensive to Islam, led to worldwide protests when they were first printed in September 2005.

The BBC's Barbara Plett in Islamabad says suspicion for the attack has fallen on al-Qaeda, as the network's number two Ayman al-Zawahri denounced the cartoons in a recent video.

Denmark also has 700 troops fighting the Taleban in neighbouring Afghanistan.

Danish Foreign Minister Per Stig Moeller said the attack was "totally unacceptable".

Only Pakistan? Surely a few other countries? Or are you in a particularly good mood today?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Only Pakistan? Surely a few other countries? Or are you in a particularly good mood today?
      I'm in a splendid mood.

My new car is in the car-park and it's parked right next to the MDs Range Rover... Mine's newer...

SallyAnne doesn't like it, she called me a ponce!

Comment

Best line in the Yahoo report:

"It was the second targeting of foreigners in less than three months in the usually tranquil Pakistani capital."

Oh yes - tranquil Islamabad, a haven of peace & calm.
        Think I'll head out there for the summer hols.
        Bored.

Comment

The Danish ministry of foreign affairs have changed their travel guidelines to Pakistan today. Now only travel that is necessary should be completed.

This whole affair is quite en eye opener for many Danes. They did not know the world outside their bubble existed. Know they can learn about actions and consequences.
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
            The Danish ministry of foreign affairs have changed their travel guidelines to Pakistan today. Now only travel that is necessary should be completed.

This whole affair is quite en eye opener for many Danes. They did not know the world outside their bubble existed. Know they can learn about actions and consequences.
            Makes the danes sound like Americans.

Comment

I agree, but let's add India, Syria, Afghanistan, any other country ending "istan", Iraq, Iran...that should be good to be getting on with!!!
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Some might say bombing London can be justified on these grounds ...
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Brillo the Terrormonger

So Brillo... Mr HAPPY MONDAY

So you quite openly condone the nuclear bombing of an independant state and the murder of millions of normal people who are going about their business.

Well Brillo you are obviously a model human being living in a civilised free country who go around stealing other people' oil, causing collateral damage (civilise people's code for killing innocents) and the list goes on!

Cause and effect!!!

Comment

At least if London is taken out it'll get most of Labour

Comment

Working...
                    X