• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday, Bloody Sunday - How much?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday, Bloody Sunday - How much?

According to the Sunday Times, the investigation into the "Bloody Sunday" killings has so far cost £400 million.

And most of the money has gone to the legal "profession"... £1750 a day in some cases!

Not bad work - if you can get it!

Yeah read that artcile, there was one QC that's walked away with about £2.6 million in two years ... ffs.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      Yeah read that artcile, there was one QC that's walked away with about £2.6 million in two years ... ffs.
      So the govt were essentially giving free money. Don't blame the QC for taking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        So the govt were essentially giving free money. Don't blame the QC for taking it.
        Didn't realise I was ...
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
          Didn't realise I was ...
          Didn't think you were. Post should have read "I don't blame the QC ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

And most of the money has gone to the legal "profession"... £1750 a day in some cases!

Yeah, but I bet they dont spend their days posting on lawyeruk boards whilst billing the client for it. IT contractors moaning about other people being overpayed and under worked. Bravo application of the blinkers churchy!

The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

'Sunday Bloody Sunday'. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!". - Alan Partridge.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                'Sunday Bloody Sunday'. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!". - Alan Partridge.
                Classic!
                B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  According to the Sunday Times, the investigation into the "Bloody Sunday" killings has so far cost £400 million.

Where do I apply?

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
                    Yeah, but I bet they dont spend their days posting on lawyeruk boards whilst billing the client for it. IT contractors moaning about other people being overpayed and under worked. Bravo application of the blinkers churchy!

I'm not a contractor so get bent!

Comment

Working...
                    X