• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS / ABN AMRO Contractor Rate Cut

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RBS / ABN AMRO Contractor Rate Cut

Hello Folks,

Long time lurker and first time poster.

I can confirm this story:

http://news.hereisthecity.com/news/b...ews/7912.cntns

as I have just had a call from my agent saying that failure to agree to the rate cut by 12 June will mean notice will be served.

If we do agree to the rate cut, it will be effective from 12 July.

I've read a similar thread here about the 11% cut at ML, but I'd welcome further thoughts on this.

I'll re-read my contract tonight at home, but I'm wondering if the agency are able to do this so easily?

But, I'll take the hit on the chin as I know the market isn't great out there. I guess you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Cheers,
    Uncle Albert

Looking on the bright side...

a) You still have a contract
    b) You've not been asked (forced) to go permie
    c) As soon as the market picks up get a better paying contract.

Comment

If history is anything to go by, one rate cut is followed by another a few months down the line. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

The article only mentions RBS...
        B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          If history is anything to go by, one rate cut is followed by another a few months down the line. Rinse and repeat.
          Followed by a another big cut in the total number of contractors vacancies as employers use the recession as an excuse for full-scale off-shoring.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_albert View Post
            Hello Folks,

Long time lurker and first time poster.

I can confirm this story:

http://news.hereisthecity.com/news/b...ews/7912.cntns

as I have just had a call from my agent saying that failure to agree to the rate cut by 12 June will mean notice will be served.

If we do agree to the rate cut, it will be effective from 12 July.

I've read a similar thread here about the 11% cut at ML, but I'd welcome further thoughts on this.

I'll re-read my contract tonight at home, but I'm wondering if the agency are able to do this so easily?

But, I'll take the hit on the chin as I know the market isn't great out there. I guess you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Cheers,
            Uncle Albert
            As one who was hit by similar at Lloyds TSB in 2003 there isn't a day goes by when I do not regret not walking out.
            But my need for cash was far greater in 2003 than it is today - you have to weigh up your personal circumstances.

HTH
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Followed by a another big cut in the total number of contractors vacancies as employers use the recession as an excuse for full-scale off-shoring.
              The first rate cut, 95% of contractors go along with it and the client thinks "see, we were right, we are paying well over market rates". This continues until most of the contractors have gone and rates are 50% of the peak.

Enjoy.

Comment

Just hang on (by your fingernails if required) until the next boom/banks realise off-shoring isn't all it's cracked up to be and you'll be quids in again.

Me, I've gone back to working for a software vendor again (pfffft wash my mouth out).

Pay is crap, but location and longevity are good. Was getting drunk in the pub on Friday and my mate (who also happens to be my client contact) even wants me back after my honeymoon (the whole of August).
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Was getting drunk in the pub on Friday and my mate (who also happens to be my client contact) even wants me back after my honeymoon (the whole of August).
                  If you've still got a thing for your mate you shouldn't have got married.

HTH

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...actor-pay.html

try to keep up at the back.

Comment

Working...
                    X