• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheltenham

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheltenham

Can anyone recommed a place to stay in Cheltenham for 4 - 6 weeks? Need free car parking and free wifi.

Many thanks

Yes
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

http://www.premierinn.com/pti/hotelI...?hotelId=23860

or

http://www.premierinn.com/pti/hotelF...23859&iscsell=

First is about five - ten minutes walk from the centre of town, second about fifteen - twenty minutes.

Comment

Thanks Nick, I've checked the premierinns and travellodges, the wifi costs are pretty extortionate.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
          Thanks Nick, I've checked the premierinns and travellodges, the wifi costs are pretty extortionate.
          I have a pay as you go Three broadband modem thing. If you're in an area with good coverage it's fairly quick, and you only have to top it up when you want to use it. A £15 top-up is good for 3 gigs of data or 30 days, whichever comes first.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
            They are, although not quite as bad if you buy four weeks' worth at a time - IIRC the Premier Inn I was staying at in London for the last eleven months was something like ten quid for 24 hours, but forty quid for a month. It wasn't very reliable either

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            I have a pay as you go Three broadband modem thing. If you're in an area with good coverage it's fairly quick, and you only have to top it up when you want to use it. A £15 top-up is good for 3 gigs of data or 30 days, whichever comes first.
            What Stu said

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              I've got the same device too. You can buy them for 39.99 from play.

I recommended it. Perfect for checking emails and general surfing. Much cheaper than hotel Wi-Fi.
              Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                They are, although not quite as bad if you buy four weeks' worth at a time - IIRC the Premier Inn I was staying at in London for the last eleven months was something like ten quid for 24 hours, but forty quid for a month. It wasn't very reliable either D
                At £10 a day, I thought you were talking about the cost of the room!

Has anyone tried to connect a mobile phone to an ancient (non-ADSL) modem so as to pay local call rates when collecting email and doing the odd bit of surfing on the move? Surfing was a tad slow in the old 56k analogue days, but not (£15/month - £10/day) bad surely? You did mention eying up a phone socket in a toilet once...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  IIRC the Premier Inn I was staying at in London for the last eleven months was something like ten quid for 24 hours, but forty quid for a month. It wasn't very reliable either
                  You are Alan Partridge and I claim my £5 worth of Linton Travel Tavern vouchers.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

The Thistle Hotel next to GCHQ has some really good special offers.

At the moment they are advertising 75 per off their leisure centre membership.

Anybody living in Cheltenham will know it used to be called The Golden Valley and it was this hotel which was used for the Crossroads itv soap.

It is worth phoning them direct because they will negociate their prices.

I am using their leisure Centre at the moment because Leisure at Cheltenham was flooded out last July and Cheltenham Borough council are so so slow in getting the work done to reopen. For God's sake the pool still had dirty water in it in November. When they actually emplied the pool they found many fish swimming around.

Comment

Working...
                    X