• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Firm Said To Be Cutting IT Contractor Pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Firm Said To Be Cutting IT Contractor Pay

http://news.hereisthecity.com/news/b...ews/7912.cntns

We are hearing unconfirmed reports that Royal Bank of Scotland is the latest firm (joining Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank and also, we think, Barclays Capital) to be insisting on cuts in its IT contractors' pay.
    According to our sources, contractors will be officially told today (Monday June 2nd) that they can either take a 10% pay rate cut or else will be given immediate notice for their services.

<puts plan to come back to Britain on shelf>
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Take the cut, find another role, walk out.
      Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
        Take the cut, find another role, walk out.
        I do not believe that I am using this neologism, but:

WHS

Comment

Take the remuneration reduction and be grateful your employer hasn't sacked you from your job as an employee of the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            I do not believe that I am using this neologism, but:

WHS
            Neobrevism

Comment

I work for RBS and have heard nothing of this, so that leads me to believe its a load of tulip. However if it were to happen I would accept and do 10% less work while looking for a new contract.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Neobrevism
                TLA 2u2

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Take the remuneration reduction and be grateful your employer hasn't sacked you from your job as an employee of the bank.
                  I half expected an analogy involving a builder or a plumber.

Comment

Boy am I glad I don't work in a made up industry...
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X