• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do these extreme Muslims attack the public?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do these extreme Muslims attack the public?

I hear that various reasons are given by the Muslims of the UK to uphold what the bombers have done, all related to the war in Afghanistan, Iraq etc, but seeing as the public of the UK were mostly against the wars, why blow them up? The wars were never popular with the UK people.

Would it not make sense for the bombs to target government, military and civil servants as rather then London people?

It don't add up in my mind. What is the agenda of these people and how does killing the ethnically, politically and religiously diverse Londoners aid their cause?

Why not put bombs in rich white areas or in churches?

Why not try and kill Blair and co?

By re-electing Tony Blair, we implicitly expressed support for him and all his works, including his war.

Comment

And there is the rub...not everyone reelected blair.

The thing I find funniest though is that I thought non-believers were meant to be given the chance to convert to islam before being put to the sword. Seems pretty hard to convert if you arent given the choice by suicide bombers!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
        And there is the rub...not everyone reelected blair.

Mailman
        Some of us did and last week TB's rating was the second highest since 2001.

It's only the dumb foot soldiers who think it's about Iraq, AQ is an imperialist, anti-democracy movement.

The UK's role in Iraq increasing the chamces of the UK being attacked from 100% to 200%

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          but seeing as the public of the UK were mostly against the wars, why blow them up? The wars were never popular with the UK people.
          If the majority were really against the war why was Blair re-elected?
          Truth is, that while most don't support the war they really don't give that much of a damn because "it's happening somewhere far far away"

Hence the bombers bringing a little bit of it over here

Would it not make sense for the bombs to target government, military and civil servants as rather then London people?
          Goverment could easly and rapidly start protecting those targets but to protect everywhere/everyone is impossible. But does not mean Gov will not try, so they can be "seen" to be doing something, generally by compromising civil libertys thus futher playing into the terrorist hands.

It don't add up in my mind. What is the agenda of these people and how does killing the ethnically, politically and religiously diverse Londoners aid their cause?
          Maximum exposure. Hit some northen city that most people outside the UK have not heard of and they might make the 3rd item on local news outside the UK, hit what is not only the political but also financial and tourism capital of the UK and they are garanteed maximum exposure. The diversity of London is probably a pro (something like 26 nationalitys on their hit list) and con (take out muslims and allys) for them

Why not try and kill Blair and co?
          Because chances of success are small and nothing looks worse than trying and failing.

Comment

Anyone see the New Al Qaeda programme yesterday?

Made before the London bombings and very revealing. Al Qaeda is now a franchise, operating locally and semi-autonomously by various trained and indoctrinated fanatics including our very own Leeds lads. This makes them more dangerous because even if Al Qaeda ever had a political goal, these franchises are made up of fanatics who just believe that killing themselves and any "infidels" takes them straight to paradise. So they don't even particularly need a reason.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I saw it - particularly disturbing in the fact they are successfully emulating a lightly-coupled distributed component architecture - the internet is used for comms and appears to be very successful.

Also the fact that this alliance of evil appears to have migrated over to the criminal world for cover.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                Also the fact that this alliance of evil appears to have migrated over to the criminal world for cover.
                Alliance of Evil? That's what they think about GW Bush and Tony Blair!

Comment

particularly disturbing in the fact they are successfully emulating a lightly-coupled distributed component architecture
                  But can they get through firewalls? What port do Muslims operate on?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    But can they get through firewalls? What port do Muslims operate on?
                    Nice to see a fellow COM+/.net-er on the ball there...

I believe it's port 666 - lookup ShieldsUp for details...!
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X