• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed!

Contract just got renewed today!

Edit: Oh yeah - just remembered that yesterday I also got a letter from HMRC saying I had overpaid my NIC contributions by £120.

Edit 2: Oh - and I'm picking up my new (old, but new to me) car later today

Last edited by Bear; 3 June 2008, 09:34.
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Congrats fella.

I have a couple of meetings this week to discuss some further potential projects.

toot toot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post

Edit: Oh yeah - just remembered that yesterday I also got a letter from HMRC saying I had overpaid my NIC contributions by £120.

Nice!

A good day for bears, it appears

Comment

For how long were you on the bench B?

This is my 3rd day on the bench and I'm freaking out here, I've only had 4 phone calls today.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Nice!

A good day for bears, it appears
          I misread that as 'A good day for beers, it appears'

Cheers Nick - I think it is. On your suggestion I shall be partaking of either a Tanglefoot or an Old Speckled Hen when I arrive home.

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              For how long were you on the bench B?

This is my 3rd day on the bench and I'm freaking out here, I've only had 4 phone calls today.
              Wasn't on the bench - 'twas a renewal. Can't afford to be on the bench at the mo - new house, new baby, new car.

Hence why I accepted a renewal without mentioning a rate rise!

Comment

Wot we like to hear.

Comment

Wasn't on the bench - 'twas a renewal. Can't afford to be on the bench at the mo - new house, new baby, new car.

Hence why I accepted a renewal without mentioning a rate rise!
                  Well done!

I don't know about this doomed caper but in the gym last night two finance chaps "another house sold 1.2m and such n such for 800k' but "you can't get a mortgage these days", the other proclaims. "someone buying them", says the other...

Meanwhile I'm strapping on my nikes thinking... boy do I love contracting
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

NIC??

Anyone here paying themselve in divs only?

Comment

Working...
                    X