• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Csa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Csa

ok, so i'm going Ltd from next week, and will be paying myself the usual wage (low). anyone had experience of notifying the CSA?

i'm not trying to fiddle the CSA as any change to payments (will be a lot lower) then the difference will be put in to an account for him when he is older. Mum doesnt want to agree outside of CSA and this was her suggestion, which i am happy with.

i've not been re-assessed for a while which has been good , as i left my perm employment last year to contract... from what i recall, they want your last 3 mths payslips. is this still the case? should i wait 3mths before telling them my employment has changed? this will mean they only get payslips from myco and not the umbrella i'm currently with.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

You need to be careful here. It is known for CSA to treat 100% of company income as assessable for child support liability, in cases where they can prove that you are the only owner, or only worker, or whatever. The fact that you are openly admitting it on a public forum doesn't go in your faviour either.

The fact that the mother is happy with it is probably the key thing here. If she changes her mind, and tells the CSA that there is more income, then that is a different story. I don't have personal experience of this, but know friends who have had serious problems, even to the point of having corporate expenses disallowed in the calculation.

It is frustrating that authorities can get confused and treat corporate income as personal income when it suites them.

Integrity

Comment

Working...
    X