• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can whole countries go mad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can whole countries go mad?

I think they can. Look at Germany from 33-45, Iran in 79 etc.
    I think now it's our turn.
    Common sense has gone out through the window.
    Silly non-entities are feted as budding "business people" on the Apprentice. Millions of people sit down to watch imbecilic cretins mouthing platitudes on Big Brother.
    Morons take over tube lines to ensure their right to drink, vomit and fight on the tube.
    A man cannot wear a mass-produced T-shirt with a picture from a film on it at the airport.

And so on ....
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Silly non-entities are feted as budding "business people" on the Apprentice. Millions of people sit down to watch imbecilic cretins mouthing platitudes on Big Brother.
    Morons take over tube lines to ensure their right to drink, vomit and fight on the tube.
    A man cannot wear a mass-produced T-shirt with a picture from a film on it at the airport.

And so on ....
    I have this feeling that its going to get ALOT worse before it gets better.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I have this feeling that its going to get ALOT worse before it gets better.
      Perhaps it won't get better. All empires decline eventually. We seem to be doing it faster than most. Our eventual destiny is to be some 3rd rate country on the periphery of world affairs - if that hasn't happened already.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I detect moral declone following the signing up to the Human Rights malarkey. Downhill from here all the way I fear.

stab stabbity stab stab...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

And so on ....
          Twunts post complete nonsense on an Internet forum whilst the country dives into an abyss.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Twunts post complete nonsense on an Internet forum whilst the country dives into an abyss.

HTH
            Don't be too hard on yourself. You can get help for that.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Perhaps it won't get better. All empires decline eventually. We seem to be doing it faster than most. Our eventual destiny is to be some 3rd rate country on the periphery of world affairs - if that hasn't happened already.
              We seem to have been declining since Queen Victoria went - though it got a bit better under Maggie.

If I had the kids full time I would move to HK or Sydney.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

HTH
                What have you done to try to make things better?

Comment

Iran in 79 etc.
                  Ah kids today, eh?

BTW Why Iran in 79. The revolution made sense to the Iranians at the time, and from their perspective was a sh!tload better than the death squads operating under the shah and the dictatorship he'd created.

We might (I don't) like the outcome, but to call it a moment of madness isn't really correct.

Hitler was a badun though ...
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Whatever the case, it's clearly not New Labour's fault.

Comment

Working...
                    X