• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax Free Payment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Free Payment

How R The rest of you or your accountants puting the 2007/08 tax free payment though your accounts if you recived the amount as a cheque rather than on account.

As want to go with what the majority are doing.

I presume you are refering to the rebate (£100 for 2007/08) for filing the PAYE returns online.

Most of our clients will simply offset the £100 against what they owe for the current year. This saves having to request a cheque, banking it etc., and you get the benefit much earlier than waiting for a cheque.

The income is treated as sundry income but is not subject to Corporation Tax so an adhjustment should be made by your accountant when they calculate this tax for you.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
      I presume you are refering to the rebate (£100 for 2007/08) for filing the PAYE returns online.

The income is treated as sundry income but is not subject to Corporation Tax so an adhjustment should be made by your accountant when they calculate this tax for you

Alan
      trying to understand the accounting/journal entries,
      sorry to re confirm, are u sure that money is not liable to corp tax?
      does this also mean that the tax liability(i.e PAYE + all NIC) has to be reduced by £100?

Comment

Originally posted by MPETER1978 View Post
        How R The rest of you or your accountants puting the 2007/08 tax free payment though your accounts if you recived the amount as a cheque rather than on account.

As want to go with what the majority are doing.
        are

putting

received

HTH
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
        X