• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft reports security problem with Apple's Safari

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft reports security problem with Apple's Safari

HA HA , Do you remember the times when Microsoft was “ the FRENCH CHEESE” of security. What happened recently? After years of silence , some hacker finds way into a Microsoft OS through some third party softwafre . So who is the security force today ? Linux ? Apple ? … or Microsoft.
    http://www.betanews.com/article/Micr...ari/1212510348

Windows Vista has been running on my computer for 2 years and I love every single feature. I hate to read articles saying “Vista will crush down Microsoft” or people asking "Windows Vista ? SO WHAT IS NEW ?". But the media doesn’t stop bombarding Vista .( This is the constant impression I get from reading news links on sites sourced by Google ) Perhaps Microsoft have finally found their match ? The Media ! With the internet media being controlled by Google , Google must be posed to win ?

Now , after Vista, from crying “I WANT TO BE SECURE” we’ve shifted to “WE WANT NEW STUFF”.

WST ?
    Last edited by Likely; 4 June 2008, 10:32.

Originally posted by Likely View Post
    I hate to read articles saying “Vista will crush down Microsoft” or Windows Vista ? SO WHAT IS NEW ? But the media doesn’t stop bombarding.( Although that is what the constant impression I get from reading news links on sites sourced by Google ) Perhaps Microsoft have finally found their match ? The Media ! With the internet media being controlled by Google ?
    You are NickyG and I claim my £5.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      You are NickyG and I claim my £5.
      Nope. I am Bill Gates.

Comment

In that case I claim My £5,000,000
        Still Invoicing

Comment

HA HA , Do you remember the times when Microsoft was “ the FRENCH CHEESE” of security. What happened today ? After years of silence , some hacker finds way in Microsoft OS through some third party softwafre . So who is the security force today ? Linux ? Apple ? … or Microsoft.
          http://www.betanews.com/article/Micr...ari/1212510348

Windows Vista has been running on my computer for 2 years and I love every single feature. I hate to read articles saying “Vista will crush down Microsoft” or Windows Vista ? SO WHAT IS NEW ? But the media doesn’t stop bombarding.( Although that is what the constant impression I get from reading news links on sites sourced by Google ) Perhaps Microsoft have finally found their match ? The Media ! With the internet media being controlled by Google ?

Now from crying “I WANT TO BE SECURE” we’ve shifted to “WE WANT NEW STUFF”.

WST ?
          I assume from your post that English isn't your first language (and also that you're about fourteen years old, but that's not important right now), but even though you can be cut some slack in terms of spelling, grammar, syntax and so forth on those grounds, it doesn't really allow you to get away with total incoherence

Sit down, relax, calm yourself, and think - what is it you want to say? Take a few moments to organise the concepts into a clear structure. Then draw on your (limited) resources to frame those concepts in language. Then say what you have to say, use the "Preview Post" button, use the spell-checking built into your OS (I assume Windows has that without having to buy Office?) and then post.

You'll still betray your ignorance, but more gracefully.

And if anybody using Safari on Windows wants to know: go into the preferences (wherever they live these days on Windows apps - I believe the MS UI guidelines say they should be under the "Tools" menu) and uncheck the checkbox for "Open safe files after downloading". End of panic.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I assume from your post that English isn't your first language (and also that you're about fourteen years old, but that's not important right now), but even though you can be cut some slack in terms of spelling, grammar, syntax and so forth on those grounds, it doesn't really allow you to get away with total incoherence

Sit down, relax, calm yourself, and think - what is it you want to say? Take a few moments to organise the concepts into a clear structure. Then draw on your (limited) resources to frame those concepts in language. Then say what you have to say, use the "Preview Post" button, use the spell-checking built into your OS (I assume Windows has that without having to buy Office?) and then post.

You'll still betray your ignorance, but more gracefully.

And if anybody using Safari on Windows wants to know: go into the preferences (wherever they live these days on Windows apps - I believe the MS UI guidelines say they should be under the "Tools" menu) and uncheck the checkbox for "Open safe files after downloading". End of panic.
            I am spanish. It is hard to learn English but I think my English is good enough.

My post is totaly cohesive and makes some valid points.

Comment

My post is totaly cohesive and makes some valid points.

‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

But dont the macacolytes usuallys say that you dont need to tweak anything from apple to make it more secure? ... its just works apparently. Most macacolytes dont even know they are using a browser let alone how to change any settings.

The fact you spent much more time belittling the posters English than adressing the point shows a certain amount fo defensiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                  But dont the macacolytes usuallys say that you dont need to tweak anything from apple to make it more secure?
                  I don't.

To be honest, if you're running Safari on Windows you're a bit of a geek and should know what you're doing...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                    The fact you spent much more time belittling the posters English than adressing the point shows a certain amount fo defensiveness.
                    And a considerable amount of arrogance.

Comment

Working...
                    X