• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B, tanker driver

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B, tanker driver

'The drivers, who supply the vast majority of Shell forecourts, are calling for a pay rise of 13 per cent. The company, Hoyer UK, has offered 6 per cent.'

'Hoyer says its 6 per cent offer would see the average driver's £36,000 salary rise to £38,500. The union is calling for a minimum wage for all drivers of £36,000.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...hout-fuel.html

Plan B anyone ?

Milan.

You'd have to grow an enormous beer gut, eat nothing but burgers, molest young prostitutes in lay-bys, side-swide people in the fast lane on the M6, piss in people's gardens because your'e too stupid to park in a lorry park, and generally hold up the country's economy because you think pressing a gas pedal and turning a steering wheel makes you some sort of fecking VIP who deserves special tax laws.

Can you do all that?
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
      You'd have to grow an enormous beer gut, eat nothing but burgers, molest young prostitutes in lay-bys, side-swide people in the fast lane on the M6, piss in people's gardens because your'e too stupid to park in a lorry park, and generally hold up the country's economy because you think pressing a gas pedal and turning a steering wheel makes you some sort of fliping VIP who deserves special tax laws.

Can you do all that?
      You forgot

Drive inches from the vehicle in front at way over the speed limit, ignore give ways, traffic lights and roundabouts in direct proportion to your ability to imtimidate, kill and maim people out of the way, drive with bald tyres and faulty brakes, send texts whilst driving a 44 tonne WMD, murder women and roll them up in carpets, ignore weight limits and parking restrictions, destroy rail bridges because you are too stupid to compare a huge plate in the cab with a headroom sign and then claim you are the backbone of the nation

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        'The drivers, who supply the vast majority of Shell forecourts, are calling for a pay rise of 13 per cent. The company, Hoyer UK, has offered 6 per cent.'

'Hoyer says its 6 per cent offer would see the average driver's £36,000 salary rise to £38,500. The union is calling for a minimum wage for all drivers of £36,000.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...hout-fuel.html

Plan B anyone ?

Milan.
        I quite fancy being a tanker/lorry driver. Do I need therapy?

Maybe Bazza could tell us the good and bad points of the job?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I quite fancy being a tanker/lorry driver. Do I need therapy?
          Yes. Also a carpet to roll your victims up in.
          Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

You forgot "bitch and moan a lot".

We're good at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
              You forgot "bitch and moan a lot".

We're good at that.
              "we"?

I thought you weren't a trucker?

Comment

Here you are for some like minded people

http://forum.truckersworld.co.uk/vie...ef36e1f7cb7441
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Here you are for some like minded people

http://forum.truckersworld.co.uk/vie...ef36e1f7cb7441
                  Possible summer vacation?

Could someone start a thread "Plan B - become an IT contractor".

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    "we"?

I thought you weren't a trucker?
                    I have a C+E licence so technically am a trucker. Its my plan B for when I have no contract.

I also have an ADR licence (HAZMAT) but jobs at refinerys are like rocking horse tulip.

Comment

Working...
                    X