• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a great name . . .

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a great name . . .

. . . for a story about 'a slow death'!!

The vegetarian option.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    I think that one of my more upsetting experiences was visiting my great aunt in Weston Super Mare while she was awaiting death in one of those places...

Please please shoot me before I get to that stage...
    Shall we shoot you now just to be sure?

Comment

In Viking societies, if an old person started becoming a physical liability they'd be lifted into a large barrel and left. If the person couldn't climb out unaided, they died ..

Reading that article, it seems like the container has changed shape, and the old timers now get food and water, but much the same method is still used ...

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        A great name for this story, and a 70 y.o. actress "playing" a pensioner ?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0203671/
        If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
          A great name for this story, and a 70 y.o. actress "playing" a pensioner ?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0203671/
          Great find Chantho, or are you a secret fan of hers?

What a deceitful witch. That mistreatment and indifference could have been lavished on a 'real', deserving pensioner.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

I have a few friends who work as nurses, assistants etc. in these homes over here in Denmark. Many are on strike* at the moment as they say there is nowhere near enough staff to do the job right.

*Danish strikes appear quite bizarre: everyone apparently still goes to work.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              I have a few friends who work as nurses, assistants etc. in these homes over here in Denmark. Many are on strike* at the moment as they say there is nowhere near enough staff to do the job right.

*Danish strikes appear quite bizarre: everyone apparently still goes to work.
              Import a few "care" assistants from the Philippines!!!

Comment

Working...
              X