• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petrol Tax Calculator

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petrol Tax Calculator

Linky

Your annual fuel bill is: £2391.90
    Made up of ...
    Duty: £1056.42
    VAT: £356.24
    Actual cost of fuel: £979.24

Pretty shocking when you see it like that!

If all that tax were spent on transport systems, research & development into alternatice fuels and technologies then I'd gladly pay more. Sadly it is all wasted on propping up the public sector bottomless pit.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
      Linky

Made up of ...

What is the current price per litre? I filled up the other day but I bet it has gone up since.

Comment

Round here it is about £1.15 for petrol and £1.26 for that horrible dirty oil like stuff tractors use.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          What is the current price per litre? I filled up the other day but I bet it has gone up since.
          It's around 113p for unleaded. I had my first £60+ tank fillup last night. I remember being shocked at my first £50+ tank, and that was only 3 years ago.
          Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Diesel 132.9p ........ petrol 118.9p where I am. As of this morning ... probably more when I get back in evening!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              It would cost £80 to fill the Passat up now.

I don't bother coz it's probly not going to see the week out.
              Q. How do you double the value of a Passat?

A. Fill it up with petrol

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                Linky

Made up of ...

I know its not fuel, but duty on most cars have gone up too - mine now £400 p.a.
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                  It's around 113p for unleaded. I had my first £60+ tank fillup last night. I remember being shocked at my first £50+ tank, and that was only 3 years ago.
                  Ranges from 113.9 to 116.9p

I receive an email twice a week from www.petrolprices.com giving me an indication of which of the petrol stations in the areas (5 mile radius) I regularly fill up in have the cheapest fuel.

One week on the day I had received the email the price had gone up 1p in all the stations. Then I remembered the prices you are sent are the prices from the night before.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I always find the petrol stn with the highest prices. No queues and my times worth more than 50p saved.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X