• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freebies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freebies

Ain't working in Londinium great.

Get to my local train station and grab my FREE copy of The Metro.

Get off at major London train station and get given a FREE bottle of Lucozade Alert.

Jump on the tube to my station and jump off and upon exiting, get given a FREE can of Sure deodorant and a FREE copy of Shortlist magazine.

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Ain't working in Londinium great.

Get to my local train station and grab my FREE copy of The Metro.

Get off at major London train station and get given a FREE bottle of Lucozade Alert.

Jump on the tube to my station and jump off and upon exiting, get given a FREE can of Sure deodorant and a FREE copy of Shortlist magazine.
    So to summarise, you look uneducated, tired and smelly?
    B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
      says the dirty expat

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
        Ha, ha - this did occur to me when I was looking over my booty then I realised it's summer in the city and I must fit in quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          says the dirty expat
          I've showered this month already...
          B00med!

Comment

I like mugs. And pens sometimes. BT do a good mug, but my current gig is tied in with Euro 2008 so I expect a sticker album at least. Or maybe a cap.
            Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
              Or maybe a cap.
              I just got a cap and a polo shirt from client. All of us on the project (which went GA on time) were asked what we like and although externals aren't meant to get anything, they fixed it so we could. I looked on their internal site for the gifts and there was some pretty good stuff. Boring me just went for the shirt and cap.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Have two client-branded T-shirts on my desk - great for gardening.

Comment

I've got a little "executive toy" from a Global SDLC rollout last month. They never gave me anything whilst I was a permie, amazed to get something as a contractor...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

When I was a contractor (permie now), to celebrate a major project finishing we were taken to a buffet dinner in the media centre at Lord's cricket ground, which included a tour around the ground, including the Long Room, the steps that the players walk down, and the changing rooms where they have the honours boards.

Plus, we were allowed in the museum, and got to stand within a foot of The Ashes (they're kept in a glass display case). That was just after the "best Test series ever" when England won them back.

I was in seventh heaven. Nothing material like caps or shirts, but I didn't care. It was a wonderful experience.

Moose

Comment

Working...
                    X