• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do I get a website taken down?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get a website taken down?

Its hosting a phishing site (badly written too!) www.neonlike.net.

Find out who is hosting the site by getting it's IP address and doing a lookup on the net registration.. Then email the abuse department of the host.. IME, these things get taken down fairly quickly if the host is a reputable company..
    The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Originally posted by dmini View Post
      Its hosting a phishing site (badly written too!) www.neonlike.net.
      Contact the affected bank/company, they will have procedures to have it taken down quickly. Who is it btw?
      B00med!

Comment

What makes you think it isnt a legit (if somewhat odd) web site?
        Why do you want it downed?
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Check this bit out on their site http://neonlike.net/index/natwestbus...ing/Login.html
          Plus the fact I got a mail directing me to it

The email was interesting though - it didnt seem to realise there was a Nat West bank & a nationwide building society & they are separate - it varies between the two through the email!
          Last edited by dmini; 5 June 2008, 11:51.

Comment

Contact natwest at [email protected], if you recieved this as an email I'm fairly confident natwest already know about it.
            B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by dmini View Post
              Check this bit out on their site http://neonlike.net/index/natwestbus...ing/Login.html
              Plus the fact I got a mail directing me to it

The email was interesting though - it didnt seem to realise there was a Nat West bank & a nationwide building society & they are separate - it varies between the two through the email!
              I cant see that link in the web page. Could they have been hacked and not be aware of it?
              Could there be another reason for it being there?
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                I cant see that link in the web page. Could they have been hacked and not be aware of it?
                The link would have been sent in an email..
                The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                  It's a classic site compromise and "phishing site in a box" upload, used to see these all the time. Often with a console to control the phishing site open to the world...
                  B00med!

Comment

When I first got phishing emails I used to forward them onto the bank concerned. But I never got even a thanks. So I never report them now.

IMO banks should be made to pay to cover any losses from these phishing sites - they dont take it seriously enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X