• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

interview questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interview questions

Following on from last night's Apprentice, what's the most bizarre question you have faced in an interview for a contract gig ?

Would you be interested in a permanent position?

Comment

Can you list all the bugs in the new version of Oracle DB?

Comment

Do you have any objections to nuclear power?

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
          Can you list all the bugs in the new version of Oracle DB?
          Seriously?

Comment

"What's been the most embarrassing moment in your life?" - asked for permie role many moons ago.

"Do you know how to use an editor?" - asked for contract developer role.
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Not exactly a question but, in an interview for an engineering company in Manchester back in 1990:

"Oh yes, I remember, I picked you for interview because you'd typed out your application form, instead of handwriting it... let's see. Oh quite unsuitable..."

The paid my travel expenses though, they did in those days.
              Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

On the other side my favourite question to attractive new girlies is to ask them if they have ever slept with their boss.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  Seriously?
                  Yes, Think it was version 7 or 8. I didn't get the gig

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    On the other side my favourite question to attractive new girlies is to ask them if they have ever slept with their boss.
                    are you any good in tribunals ?

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X