• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bench Time Here We Come

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bench Time Here We Come

Well, just been informed that my contract is not going to be renewed, extended, financial cut backs and all that, so contractors out. Typical when you get one of the best gigs and you enjoy the work, joys of contracting eh

Originally posted by Solent View Post
    Well, just been informed that my contract is not going to be renewed, extended, financial cut backs and all that, so contractors out. Typical when you get one of the best gigs and you enjoy the work, joys of contracting eh
    Bad luck mate, seems to be happening a lot recently...
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Sorry to hear that Sol, but hopefully you have been contracting long enough to have planned for downtime like this.

Look at the positives - you'll be able to increase your measly post count on CUK now!

Comment

Bummer

I'll move up a bit

Comment

Look at the positives - you'll be able to increase your measly post count on CUK now
          Valid point

Yes, will be nice to have some time off, during the summer (if we have any)

Comment

Best of luck finding another gig...

Comment

Almost 5 days on the bench now... The most I've ever spent since I started contracting 5 years ago!!

There seems to be plenty of work out there all the same so I'm not too worried. Enjoying the time off...
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I was asked to go on holiday this week while client tries to find me more work. Nipped in to get some books the other day and the first thing I hear from a colleague is "sorry to hear what's happened, found anything else yet then?".

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                  I was asked to go on holiday this week while client tries to find me more work. Nipped in to get some books the other day and the first thing I hear from a colleague is "sorry to hear what's happened, found anything else yet then?".

I hope you emptied the stationery cupboard while you were there

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                    If there was a termination notice clause in your contract -make sure you get what is owed.

Comment

Working...
                    X