• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown to blame for Britain's economic woes - official

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown to blame for Britain's economic woes - official

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7433781.stm
    If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Blair stabbin Brown in the back, how unusual.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Just curious: how do you get from the headline "Blair says Brown 'not to blame'" to the title "Brown to blame"?

Comment

coz B'Liar said it
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Just curious: how do you get from the headline "Blair says Brown 'not to blame'" to the title "Brown to blame"?
          By Blair saying Brown NOT to blame he:

1. Makes people think about whether Brown is to blame or not and highlights the possibility.

2. By virtue that everything that comes out of that teflon coated grinning gob is a lie, it is obvious to many that he is saying Brown is to blame.

3. If Gordon made claim to the boom, he is by definition the root cause of the bust.

4. Stabbity stab stab

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            By Blair saying Brown NOT to blame he:

1. Makes people think about whether Brown is to blame or not and highlights the possibility.
            Given that he was responding to a question in a TV interview, he could have made things much more difficult for Brown by evading the question - but he didn't, which casts doubt on your belief that this was his intention.

Comment

Given that he was responding to a question in a TV interview, he could have made things much more difficult for Brown by evading the question - but he didn't, which casts doubt on your belief that this was his intention.
              Whatever Blair intended, on the charge that he hasn't put money aside for a rainy day, he is guilty as charged.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

When Bliar opens his mouth to confirm or deny something you can safely assume the oposite is true. How many time has he given his full support to someone who has subsequently been sacked. They spin the story but everybody knows the truth.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

true true - but if I tell you not to think of a blue monkey - what is the first thing that comes to mind?

Comment

.... and call it "official". What does "official" mean to you, young fellow? Or I a grumpy old git for thinking that words have meanings?

Comment

Working...
                    X