• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a ridiculous job spec...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a ridiculous job spec...

My old man's being playing golf for 40-odd years, doesn't mean he's any feckin good at it

Link

2 years experience in this, 3 years experience in that. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    My old man's being playing golf for 40-odd years, doesn't mean he's any flipin good at it

Link

At least they didn't ask for ten years .NET experience

Comment

"We've hunted high and low. There just isn't the people in the UK that are capable to fill this role. However, Mr Shawadiwadi has what we need, can we have a work permit for him?"
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        "We've hunted high and low. There just isn't the people in the UK that are capable to fill this role. However, Mr Shawadiwadi has what we need, can we have a work permit for him?"
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          At least they didn't ask for ten years .NET experience
          dot what?
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Not really my area but I can't imagine they'll be swamped with CVs unless that bloke off the apprentice has been writing 'em

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
              My old man's being playing golf for 40-odd years, doesn't mean he's any flipin good at it

Link

The below skills ARE MANDATORY as are the years of experience and both are required for you to be considered for this role if you do not match this criteria EXACTLY please do not apply.
              There is also major emphasis on biztalk please DO NOT APPLY if you DO NOT have AT LEAST 2 YEARS experience of blah blah...
              4 lines on the ad, 5 shouted phrases. If that's the ad, imagine what the job is like. You do not want to work for these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                We could all apply for it using exactly those specs...

That'd flip 'em up...
                If I was on the bench, I'd love to apply for a laugh!

I reckon I could get an interview with a false CV - after all, the pimp won't have the slightest clue what any of that stuff means.

Comment

That's a very small niche they've created. Good luck finding someone that meets the spec and is willing to take the rate.

Comment

And all that xx years experience before it gets to must have experience of Met Office, etc., etc.

Me thinks that there could be very few who are available, want to work in Windsor and meet all the criteria. If there are, they could dictate the rate.

Comment

Working...
                    X