• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newsnight was a real corker last night

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newsnight was a real corker last night

They say the definition of middle age is looking forward to Newsnight, and being young at heart I don't normally bother with it. But last night (Thursday) I happened to watch it and they had among others David Milliband (Foreign Secretary), Christopher Hitchens grumpy as ever, and a lady called Shami Chakrabati (Director of "Liberty") who I thought put on a good show.

At times I almost felt sorry for Milliband, pulling agonized faces and frowning as he recoiled under a constant onslaught from guests and audience alike (and a hideously embarrasing quote of his from last year about Gordon Brown, which Dimbleby gleefully read out); but he handled some questions with good humour, and came out of his corner fighting once or twice.

Gordon Brown must have been sobbing into his hands as he watched the program

Anyone else see it?
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 5 June 2008, 23:10.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Yes! Shami is fantastic. Shami for PM!

(She ripped millipede's bollux off)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      Yes! Shami is fantastic. Shami for PM!

(She ripped millipede's bollux off)
      Yup, and she's very good looking too.

(Not saying that makes any difference though. I'd be just as impressed if she looked like Dame Edna Everage.)
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I watched a very entertaining programme of the type you describe, only on my telly it was called Question Time, not Newsnight, still, as I too look forward to it, and can't claim to be "young at heart" maybe I'm too senile to get the name right.

I was in the audience once - didn't ask a question though.

I forgot to say that Shami is my hearthrob too - I have sort of met her too. Actually met is overstating it.

Comment

I don't feel in the least sorry for Millipede for a variety of reasons - but mostly because he's a slippery twerp.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            They say the definition of middle age is looking forward to Newsnight, and being young at heart I don't normally bother with it. But last night (Thursday) I happened to watch it and they had among others David Milliband (Foreign Secretary), Christopher Hitchens grumpy as ever, and a lady called Shami Chakrabati (Director of "Liberty") who I thought put on a good show.

At times I almost felt sorry for Milliband, pulling agonized faces and frowning as he recoiled under a constant onslaught from guests and audience alike (and a hideously embarrasing quote of his from last year about Gordon Brown, which Dimbleby gleefully read out); but he handled some questions with good humour, and came out of his corner fighting once or twice.

Gordon Brown must have been sobbing into his hands as he watched the program

Anyone else see it?
            Question TIme

Comment

Nope, missed it.

If I wasn't currently booted into Linux, I might be able to see it here. Maybe later.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                I don't feel in the least sorry for Millipede for a variety of reasons - but mostly because he's a slippery twerp.
                Me too - horrible slimy feecker and so is his brother. There's nothing like a family business! I missed the show so I'll have to watch the edited version on the website. The questions I would have liked asked were

kick
                'did that hurt'
                smack
                'what about this'
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Yup, and she's very good looking too.
                  Doesn't she sip at the furry chalice?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Her sister is a reporter for ITN, or is that neena nanna (who was named after the sound a fire engine makes)
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X