• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What has happened in the contracting world

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What has happened in the contracting world

In the good old days there was little work to do and you could spend all day on t'internet, posting on CUK having a cyber fight, surfing for nice things to buy.

During my last two contracts something disturbing has happened. They have actually expected me to work and work hard. Do I have grounds to sue for unreasonable conditions?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

There are still plenty of contracts round like your previous ones. You just have to be lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      There are still plenty of contracts round like your previous ones. You just have to be lucky.
      i've got one! cant believe i've only got 18mths left
      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        In the good old days there was little work to do and you could spend all day on t'internet, posting on CUK having a cyber fight, surfing for nice things to buy.

During my last two contracts something disturbing has happened. They have actually expected me to work and work hard. Do I have grounds to sue for unreasonable conditions?
        Work hard in pharma? Good God, things must have changed since I worked there. Glad I contracted in the good old days - was money for old rope.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
          i've got one! cant believe i've only got 18mths left
          I thought a contract for longer was 12 months meant you want to be a permie.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I thought a contract for longer was 12 months meant you want to be a permie.
            hey, they offered, and with a rise. suits me for now especially while its tulip out there and getting worse!
            I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

I usually ajdust my work rate in order to hit the deadline. Therefore if the client doen't supply the work, I take it easy.

But

I am working for a v small company right now, doing essential work, but only about 2-3 hours per day. I feel really guilty about not doing a fair whack because in a small company its too personal.
              It makes me feel turd-like like.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Work hard in pharma? Good God, things must have changed since I worked there. Glad I contracted in the good old days - was money for old rope.
                Still the same. I've an 90 day contract to half the work of a project that I'd do by myself at another client in 20 days. But they pay less than the other client, so I guess it works out.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

What kinds of things did you buy pussycat?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                    What kinds of things did you buy pussycat?
                    Blow up dolls instead of BTL.

Comment

Working...
                    X