• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where there's a will....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where there's a will....

... there's a relative.

Can any of you motley crew recommend a will-writing service/company? Preferably one where i can do it by phone/email.

Another birthday flew by a couple of days ago and I'm suddenly feeling very mortal...

Originally posted by Tensai View Post
    ... there's a relative.

Can any of you motley crew recommend a will-writing service/company? Preferably one where i can do it by phone/email.

Another birthday flew by a couple of days ago and I'm suddenly feeling very mortal...
    DIY - WH Smith - under £20 IIRC.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there are better ways to structure a will than just an "everything goes to Mrs Tensai" approach (which an off-the-shelf form might be aimed at.) Could do with an expert to explain it to me in (very) simple terms.

Comment

Don't buy the DIY / phone / web ones - use for research only. Write a list of all your assets and how you want to distribute them. Then make an appointment with a proper solicitor and get them to do it. Ask them also to setup (1) a mirror will for the missus if appropriate (2) power of attorney for you / missus if one of you goes ga ga but doesn't actually kick the bucket.
        Last edited by moorfield; 6 June 2008, 09:10.

Comment

http://www.contractoruk.com/money/wills.html

Not tried it myself but could be worth talking to.
          my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Working...
          X