• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What about perfume then ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about perfume then ?

Sort of related to the three shirts (on a line) thread.

If oldie contractors (>50) can be a bit pongy because they only change their shirts twice a week, what about these birds who smother themselves in perfume. It can be really nauseous sometimes

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

If oldie contractors (>50) can be a bit pongy because they only change their shirts twice a week, what about these birds who smother themselves in perfume. It can be really nauseous sometimes

nauseating

Agreed. As with most things it's all about moderation.

Comment

Still preferable to BO

Comment

It's usually old biddies who douse themselves in perfume....

But you know what sweetie, there is no point trying to get away with it - you need to just change your shirt
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Totally agree with this - I wonder if some of them have no sense of smell at all. As as for "Air Fresheners" most of them smell like a Bratislavan Chemical Works. Have you noticed that they are only advertised to women - men are much to sensible to waste money on cak like that.

Comment

Perfume worn in moderation can be fantastic, though. I once had a (10 year) affair with my manager, he wore YSL Kurous, and for years afterwards when I smelled Kurous I got wet knickers.

Comment

reminds me of the old joke,

why do women wear makeup and perfume?

..because they're ugly and they stink
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                Perfume worn in moderation can be fantastic, though. I once had a (10 year) affair with my manager, he wore YSL Kurous, and for years afterwards when I smelled Kurous I got wet knickers.
                Ummmm it's Boss for me....

Just the faintest whiff, is all I need.
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I'd replace bird with "old bats" as most of what I would call 'birds' in my office who wear perfume, generally smell good. It's the old bats who douse themselves in lighter fuel that grind my gears!

Comment

Originally posted by beeker View Post
                    I'd replace bird with "old bats" as most of what I would call 'birds' in my office who wear perfume, generally smell good. It's the old bats who douse themselves in lighter fuel that grind my gears!

Lighter fuel - thanks I've been trying to place that smell. Also there's one that smells like fly spray.

I really do find these offensive - it's like someone continually shouting in your ear!

Comment

Working...
                    X