• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

corporation tax - dividends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

corporation tax - dividends

Hi getting myself mixed up again, i was advised on a previous note to calculate CT on a running total not substract every month, so how do I work out my taxable profit every time i pay dividends without taking away CT from previous time eg
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Income received from agent (excluding VAT) £15,750.00

Less: Expenses (including salary, employers NIC and all other costs incurred) £2,815.79

Taxable profit £12,934.21

Less: Corporation Tax @20% £2,587.00

Maximum dividend available for distribution to the shareholders during the month £10,347.21

Dividend paid £9,000.00

Distributable profits carried forward £1,347.21
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Month 2
    Income received from agent (excluding VAT) £24,097.00

Less: Expenses (including salary, employers NIC and all other costs incurred) £6,290.40
    Taxable profit £17,806.60
    Less: Corporation Tax @21% £3,739.39
    Maximum dividend available for distribution to the shareholders during the month £14,067.21
    Dividend paid £10,000.00

Distributable profits carried forward £4,067.21
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    should i not be subtracting first months CT from second months taxable profit or should i keep it seperate?

Not too sure what you mean.

CT is calculated at the end of the year, and is based on the TOTAL profit at that time - not on a month by month basis.

Your calculations seem fine, you calculate the CT which will "probably" be due based on the Profit for each month which you have done.
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

I mean when i work out my tax voucher per dividend do i take away previous CT to calculate new overall taxable profit...

Comment

Originally posted by joon1 View Post
        I mean when i work out my tax voucher per dividend do i take away previous CT to calculate new overall taxable profit...

Tax Vouchers for dividends are your personal tax, corp tax is the tax of your Ltd co - they have no connection with each other.
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
        X