• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Technology Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technology Advice

So i'm sure there is someone out there who can answer this

I want to put our 40inc LCD screen on the wall above the fire place.

The wall is an exterior wall but i need to hide power supply and other wires.

In total i will need to plug Sky, DVD and XBOX into the TV but not sure how i can successfully hide the wires leading from the TV to the stand that will hold all these devices.

Has anyone done this in their house and can give some advice.....is there some sort of wireless technology that could be used to transport the signal.

Any advice welcome (i prefer good advice though)
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
    So i'm sure there is someone out there who can answer this

The wall is an exterior wall but i need to hide power supply and other wires.

In total i will need to plug Sky, DVD and XBOX into the TV but not sure how i can successfully hide the wires leading from the TV to the stand that will hold all these devices.

Has anyone done this in their house and can give some advice.....is there some sort of wireless technology that could be used to transport the signal.

Any advice welcome (i prefer good advice though)
    Channel the wall, put in some trunking, plaster over it, hope you never have a problem with your cabling.

HTH
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Buy a projector instead of an LCD screen?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Buy a projector instead of an LCD screen?
        I think that horse may have bolted old bean

Comment

Bloke across the road has done this on his bedroom wall (actually had it done for him by a sparky) by drilling through wall and running external conduit. I suspect your wall isn't really exterior though - isn't the back of the wall above the fireplace the flue? AFAIK there isn't a wireless solution and even if there was, you still need mains. Sounds like channel the wall is your only option.
          Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 6 June 2008, 11:55. Reason: spelling again

Comment

have tv for almost 2 years now just need room in the louge for baby related equipment

Comment

have tv for almost 2 years now just need room in the louge for baby related equipment
              move the baby stuff into another room, problem solved.

Comment

You're not alone

Comment

You shouldn't be putting the TV above a working fireplace..
                  Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    they talk as though the wires are 10m long. I think that i would need to put a power socket at TV height and then some how run the Sky cable and all the other Scart leads through the wall to the TV. Just need to find scart cable that is long enough

Comment

Working...
                    X