• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boring but good paying contracts !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boring but good paying contracts !

GOD , PLEASE 5ish come faster !!!!

Does a boring contract make you stupid ? My contract has been kinda boring but this happens to be great since I am lazy . I am uptodate with all Political happenings in the US , check BBC constantly , yesterday I was watching the monitor and thinking .... "Hmm ..Which web-site I always wanted to visit but never had time ?" ... couldn't think of any.

The problem is the gig pays good money. This has kept me going for 7 months now. But concerns about my brains eroding ( and IR35 but that is another subject ) make me consider changing clients.

I had one of these and if you use the time constructively for a plan b or to learn a new skill on the quiet, you can't beat it.

Comment

I've been in a brain-numbing, boring contract for 4 years now. It's paid my mortgage, paid off a couple of BTLs and put savings in the bank.

So, 4 years into it I'm still regretting it.
      Last edited by ChimpMaster; 6 June 2008, 14:22.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
        I've been in a brain-numbing, boring contract for 4 years now. It's paid my mortgage, paid off a couple of BTLs and put savings in the bank.

So, 4 years into it I'm still regretting it.
        Are you not afraid of being investigated or taxed retrospectively ?

Comment

Originally posted by Likely View Post
          Are you not afraid of being investigated or taxed retrospectively ?
          No because I paid all due taxes and will be returning to my country of origin very soon

Comment

Am in the same boat, very good paying contract, good commuting distance from home, not boring, but workstream manager is an ar$ehole micro-manager, the deadlines for the deliverables is Sept08, but today he asks me is there any chance I can deliver by mid-June .... got to wait for another 3 months before it ends.

Comment

Is that public sector by any chance?

I just got offered another permie role so am leaving my Public sector contract next week for exactly the same reason.

Pay cut but a lot more challenging and a definite career investment!

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
                Is that public sector by any chance?

I just got offered another permie role so am leaving my Public sector contract next week for exactly the same reason.

Pay cut but a lot more challenging and a definite career investment!
                Nope its banking, also the PM is another contractor

Comment

Originally posted by Likely View Post
                  But concerns about my brains eroding ( and IR35 but that is another subject ) make me consider changing clients.
                  If my brain erode much further I will be at atw level...

Comment

Working...
                  X