• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pathway - any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pathway - any good?

Pathway are talking to me about a contract but I've heard bad things about them, anyone got a good thing to say about them?

Rajiv

Hint
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I've used them. Not bad. A bit of a mithering bunch when it comes to actually getting the contract, but once I was in, was always paid promptly, and never heard a peep from them. Just the way I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        LOL LOL LOL

But seriously Rajiv -

1) No one gives their real name on here because sooner or later someone will find out who you are and try and get a free drink out of you

2) Who cares what the agency is like. So long as you get the job and have and have a reputable umbrella (or preferably your own Ltd) then it's OK Jack.

3) Put serious questions in Business/contacts or Accounting/Legal.

4) Pathway (or any agency) talking to you is like you snogging a fat bird at a club - you know you probably won't be calling her back the next day. Until you have an interview don't bother unzipping your pants.

5) Good luck. If this is your first venture into contracting, you're going to need some luck cuz the market is utter crap right now.
        Last edited by ChimpMaster; 6 June 2008, 14:34.

Comment

TazMan - thanks for your advice. Don't worry Rajiv Singh isn't my real name either.

HA Man - I don't get the tumbleweed reference. Something to do with the Big Lebowski?

Anyways, I'll stick my neck out and let you know that I wouldn't recommend them (I have recently finished a contract with them) but can't offer up too many pointers without flagging to them who I really am and having my card marked. I was just fishing to see if I was alone in this view.

Rajiv

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
            Pathway are talking to me about a contract but I've heard bad things about them, anyone got a good thing to say about them?

Rajiv
            Cunch of Bunts.

Avoid any with the initials P&R.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Cunch of Bunts.

Avoid any with the initials P&R.
              Are there others with those initials?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Are there others with those initials?
                What I should've said was "Avoid any of their agents with the initials P&R!".

Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  What I should've said was "Avoid any of their agents with the initials P&R!".

Sorry.
                  And the initials D&A ?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    And the initials D&A ?
                    Nah mate, he doesn't work for them!

DA only falls down in the drinking department.
                    (Southern shandy drinking woofter...)

Comment

Working...
                    X