• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More dangerous criminals apprehended

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More dangerous criminals apprehended

Linky

Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime.

Nice to see your tax pound isn't being wasted.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I can't see how any court could possibly regard their t-shirts as "inflammatory". I hope they complain officially or sue, and that the coppers responsible are disciplined for their abuse of power as a result.

Comment

A spokeswoman for BAA Heathrow refused to confirm the existence of the by-law, adding it 'was a police matter’. When asked if that meant BAA was refusing to comment, she said: “No, as I said, it’s a police matter.”

Excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I can't see how any court could possibly regard their t-shirts as "inflammatory". I hope they complain officially or sue, and that the coppers responsible are disciplined for their abuse of power as a result.
          Depends on the by-law. Might have been legal.

One day there will be a revolution this country. Hang on - while we have big brother and the sun the prols will be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I can't see how any court could possibly regard their t-shirts as "inflammatory". ..
            Barrister: Are you aware that synthetic materials melt and burn at a lower temperature than cotton?

Flustered defendant: Well now you mention it, but ..

Barrister: So would you not agree it was grossly negligent and irresponsible to be near airplanes wearing a material that could easily burst into flames in the event of an accident?

Defendent: Er, ..

Barrister: No further questions, milord.

Judge: The jury will now retire to consider their verdict ..
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Judge: The jury will now retire to consider their verdict ..
              After careful consideration of the evidence presented by the defense the jury returns a unanimous verdict. The defendant has the right to bare arms. Case dismissed.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                After careful consideration of the evidence presented by the defense the jury returns a unanimous verdict. The defendant has the right to bare arms. Case dismissed.
                fathers4justice activists always found innocent. so they switched to trial by judge where they can offer a gong to get the result required. it all depends on the charge - you cannot always elect from trial by jury.

Odd as the Magna Carta says "every man shall have the right to trial by his peers". But the prols seem happy with this erosion of rights...

Comment

John Wilding and Mike Lacey, pictured wearing the offending tops, were also threatened with arrest for using Heathrow bus terminal to change buses. This, they were told, is an offence in breach of “a by-law”.
                  Those b@stards! Hangings too good for 'em.
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    Those b@stards! Hangings too good for 'em.

Good point - exactly what are bus termini for? Or is it just an issue affecting Heathrow bus terminus?

Comment

Working...
                    X