• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Only in Wales...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only in Wales...

More so, only on my street.

Woke up this morning to see a police vans had blocked off the road. The usual crime scene tape everywhere.

Spoke to the officer outside my house who explained what had happened.

It was, wait for it........

A ride by stoning

A young man was hit in the head by a stone thrown from a chicken chaser motor bike. (I know Wales is behind the rest of the UK but I mean a bloody stone!)
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Originally posted by wc2 View Post

Woke up this morning to see a police vans had blocked off the road. The usual crime scene tape everywhere.

A ride by stoning

A young man was hit in the head by a stone thrown from a chicken chaser motor bike. (I know Wales is behind the rest of the UK but I mean a bloody stone!)
    "The miscreants are believed to have made their getaway in a stolen coracle" said a Police spokesman

Comment

Originally posted by wc2 View Post

A ride by stoning

chicken chaser?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        chicken chaser?
        Moped. Do keep up.
        The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
          Moped. Do keep up.
          So it had a number plate? I thought it might have been one of those unlicensed mini-motorbikes.

Comment

All I said to my wife was: "That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah."
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              All I said to my wife was: "That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah."
              So it was a religiously motivated attack was it? Are they big on religion in Wales?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                So it had a number plate? I thought it might have been one of those unlicensed mini-motorbikes.
                Dunno - I was trying to see and some berk threw a stone at me.
                The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Stop it. No one is to stone anyone until I blow this whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                    Stop it. No one is to stone anyone until I blow this whistle.
                    ...even if they do say Jehovah! AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X