• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cannot get blank Timesheets from Agency - Trouble ahead?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot get blank Timesheets from Agency - Trouble ahead?

Hi All,
    I cannot get blank timesheets from my agent - I've had no problems in the past but despite assurances that they've been posted multiple times nothing has appeared.

I'm now faxing my hours over and will see if I get paid on Friday but I'm losing confidence and am wondering if this agency is delaying things as it might be unable to pay my invoices.

Views, comments?

Originally posted by rb621 View Post
    Hi All,
    Views, comments?
    Name and shame!

Why are some agencies so tight-fisted when it comes to handing out timesheets?

I've had problems getting timesheets from my agency on this gig, but it's purely lax clerical on their side, if I push I get them. Some of these agencies are one-man-bands and it's purely an oversight. When they do send me more, it's usually no more than half a dozen, so I have to do the same rigmarole the next month.

Also: Is carbon duplicates really the way to go in this day and age? Why are so many IT agency suppliers living in the 1950s?
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

When I worked for Hayes in Leeds I often had to personally call in to pick up timesheets after having been promised them in the post the previous week. As you say, likewise, they never gave me more than half a dozen at a time
      Blood in your poo

Comment

Hi All,
        I cannot get blank timesheets from my agent - I've had no problems in the past but despite assurances that they've been posted multiple times nothing has appeared.

I'm now faxing my hours over and will see if I get paid on Friday but I'm losing confidence and am wondering if this agency is delaying things as it might be unable to pay my invoices.

Views, comments?
        What did they say when you told them what you were faxing over?

Comment

I phoned and asked them to make sure my invoices get processed in tomorrows payroll run regardless as it's their delays.

I've now faxed over my hours which my client has kindly signed on a old photocopied and tipex'd out timesheet.

We will see if payment arrives end of week.

The old credit crisis may send a few of these agencies down - time to invoice weekly again and/or maybe get some insurance from PCG.
          Last edited by rb621; 9 June 2008, 15:38.

Comment

Get them to email one you can print off at your leisure.

Failing that, do what I did. Get the contract to state you can have your days authorised by email...
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Hays in Wolverhampton send me a fresh timesheet with each payslip.
              Have Fun!

Comment

I've now faxed over my hours which my client has kindly signed on a old photocopied and tipex'd out timesheet.
                I know a bloke who did that for 9 months after he left BT.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Hi All,

Views, comments?
                  Devise your own timesheet and use that. Make sure you include EVEYTHING that appears on their standard timesheet. Put this at the top of it:

"Pro Forma Standard Timesheet
                  NB: Please provide more blank timesheets"

If they still quibble, start looking for your next contract.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Sluggishness with the timesheets isn't a sign of being on the skids. The opposite's true. Agencies usually need signed timesheets in order to invoice the customer. A more common sign of an agency going south is phoning the contractors about 6 hours after the end of the month saying "We haven't had your timesheet yet, please could you hurry up?"

Comment

Working...
                    X