• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The introduction of traffic lights in F1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The introduction of traffic lights in F1

Having read that Lewis Hamilton drove into the back of Kimi Raikkonen in the Canadian Grand Prix, I was a little surprised to see that the Finn was waiting at a red light at the time of the accident. When were traffic lights introduced into F1? What will be next, lollipop ladies on the straight, a zebra crossing near the chicane? Sounds like a very odd state of affairs to me.

Moose

I think lewis hamilton got distracted when Hilary Clinton rang him up to say she was going to drop out of the race.
    Am I the only one who thinks they are dead ringers ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
      Having read that Lewis Hamilton drove into the back of Kimi Raikkonen in the Canadian Grand Prix, I was a little surprised to see that the Finn was waiting at a red light at the time of the accident. When were traffic lights introduced into F1? What will be next, lollipop ladies on the straight, a zebra crossing near the chicane? Sounds like a very odd state of affairs to me.

Moose
      I withdraw that!
      Last edited by BrilloPad; 9 June 2008, 12:19. Reason: silly comment

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        I think lewis hamilton got distracted when Hilary Clinton rang him up to say she was going to drop out of the race.
        Am I the only one who thinks they are dead ringers ?
        I can't see the likeness between Hilary Clinton and Lewis Hamilton myself.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I withdraw that!
          What?

Comment

F1

Pathetic. It's like putting traffic lights on a motorway.
            I think F1 is becoming so regulated (same type car/same engine sizes/same everything) and overburdened with red tape, it's like racing Scaletrix cars, less exciting, more and more boring to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
              What?
              It was a joke in very very poor taste - I just hope no-one saw it.

It included the word "Plymouth" if you want a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
                Pathetic. It's like putting traffic lights on a motorway.
                I think F1 is becoming so regulated (same type car/same engine sizes/same everything) and overburdened with red tape, it's like racing Scaletrix cars, less exciting, more and more boring to watch.
                Jasper Carrot said something like that - but suggested that controlling scaletrix cars would not be risky enough. So a "crash" would be accompanied by a whack round the head with a cricket bat!

Comment

Watch the motorbike racing instead. James Toseland came 6th in the MotoGP and Scott Redding came 6th in the 125's.

Didn't even make a mention on the news. Seemingly, Euro 2008 is more important than celebrating British success...
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    It was a joke in very very poor taste - I just hope no-one saw it.

It included the word "Plymouth" if you want a clue.
                    We all make the odd poor taster, sometimes our guile isn't what it oughta be

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X