• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Traders predict house prices will fall by 50% in four years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traders predict house prices will fall by 50% in four years

The slide in house prices will continue for at least three years and crush the value of a home by almost 50% in real terms, according to a key index of property price futures. Indications from futures trading on long term property prices shows that the average UK home will recover its current value only in 2017.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...et.houseprices

"This government says this housing depression will be different from the early 1990s. Yes, that's right. It will be worse."

Originally posted by Turion View Post
    The slide in house prices will continue for at least three years and crush the value of a home by almost 50% in real terms, according to a key index of property price futures. Indications from futures trading on long term property prices shows that the average UK home will recover its current value only in 2017.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...et.houseprices

"This government says this housing depression will be different from the early 1990s. Yes, that's right. It will be worse."
    Excellent

Comment

50% is what I predicted last week.
      HTH
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

They're always trying to talk the market up aren't they!

80% minimum is what I say.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          They're always trying to talk the market up aren't they!

80% minimum is what I say.
          You are from the atw school of unreal economics and I claim my 5 worthless roubles.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

I was watching a house at auction (reasonable area of the south east) that was 40% below prices of the same houses being privately marketed. It didn't sell even at that price. I also noticed a flat nr Ealing with a garage for 119k that didn't sell.

The boom is well and truely over!
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

If an average retail price inflation rate of 4% is included in the calculation
              rather bold assumption given current inflation outlook...
              The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                50% is what I predicted last week.
                HTH

A 50% fall is the same as a 100% rise.

Boomed!

Comment

Uh, doesn't this class as one of them "self-fulfilling prophesy" things?

If "traders" pump in endless negative comments about the housing market then people will be unwilling to buy at current prices and sellers will have to drop their prices if they want to ever move house.

It's simply the reverse of what's been happening over the last few years with "traders" saying that property is a rock solid investment, so the market value goes right up along with the confidence.

It's all a bit surreal.

These "traders" are having the same kind of impact on food and fuel prices now as well. They should all be dragged out and shot.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                    Uh, doesn't this class as one of them "self-fulfilling prophesy" things?

If "traders" pump in endless negative comments about the housing market then people will be unwilling to buy at current prices and sellers will have to drop their prices if they want to ever move house.

It's simply the reverse of what's been happening over the last few years with "traders" saying that property is a rock solid investment, so the market value goes right up along with the confidence.

It's all a bit surreal.

These "traders" are having the same kind of impact on food and fuel prices now as well. They should all be dragged out and shot.
                    Yep. Make money on the way up and short the market on the way down. As long as prices change, there is money to be made.

Comment

Working...
                    X