• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quick Advice Needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Advice Needed

Chaps,

Quickly - I signed a contract early last week with an agency (S3), didnt have an interview but I was told this was normal with said client. Client calls me on Friday and basically gave me an interview, at the end they started to tell me the conditions of the contract to which I replied I has already signed a contract.......silence.

They told me my cv had only arrived that morning and had no way offered me the role (they since have offered me the role) but I am not happy with the way I was made to sign a contract before anything was agreed.

What do the panel think, go back to client and go direct as agency are in clear breach and contract is null and void......
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Originally posted by HankWangford View Post
    Quickly - I signed a contract early last week with an agency (S3), didnt have an interview but I was told this was normal with said client.
    I think this was your mistake here, believing this. Some places do phone interviews instead of face-to-face but I've never had a first-placement contract offered on spec like that.

Unfortunately I guess you've signed away your right to go elsewhere with the original contract - they're allowed to offer you a contract withoug having securied it themselves (if they then failed to deliver you could have then on breach, but since they 'did' deliver, your'e stuffed)

Or consult a solicitor if you're worried. I'd be. if they can blag the original job, what else are they blagging.
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

"they're allowed to offer you a contract withoug having securied it themselves"

Are you sure this is correct?
      whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

You can offer anybody anything you like. I can offer to sell you the Eiffel Tower for 20p. I can get you to sign a contract saying you will pay me 20p if I supply the Eiffel Tower, and it will be perfectly legal. When I fail to supply the Eiffel Tower, then it goes to court.
        Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

I have seen clauses in contracts that say "this contract is null and void until client signs contract with us".

I dont sign until I have seen that the client has signed.

Comment

Working...
          X