• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I feel for them - I really do :-)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel for them - I really do :-)

Housing market looking a bit ropey:

Linky

The Daily Telegraph disclosed last month that more than 1,000 estate agent branches had closed since the start of the year. The Centre for Economics and Business Research think-tank predicts that 15,000 agents will lose their jobs this year.
    That's worth an 'Oh Dear' isn't it? No? Oh well...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Good Stuff - there are 5 estate agents in my small town (pop. 5000)

I suspect one will go. Two would be nice.

Comment

This is bad news.

More failed estate agents means more new recruitment agents.

Comment

Some of the later day agents have never had to sell a house. Anyone can be an order taker, being a salesperson in a hard market is a whole different ball game.

There was no need to use an agent during the boom.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Once the estate agents go under, maybe the coffee houses and mobile phone shops could go too? Then we could get some individuality in towns...

Comment

No mobile phone shops are safe - there are too many chavs for them to go under.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              No mobile phone shops are safe - there are too many chavs for them to go under.
              Instead of giving them benefits as money - could we give them food vouchers instead?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                This is bad news.

More failed estate agents means more new recruitment agents.
                LOL - a chap I know did that. Estate agent in the 80s boom - now in recruitment.

Comment

Working...
                X