• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LinkedIn and Agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LinkedIn and Agents

I've had a few agents try to add me onto LinkedIn...

Should I or Should I not?

Thoughts appreciated

TM

Originally posted by themistry View Post
    I've had a few agents try to add me onto LinkedIn...

Should I or Should I not?

Thoughts appreciated

TM
    It depends whether you're a mature minded businessman or just a money grabbing code-monkey.

If you're the former, then yes, the more contacts the better.

The latter? WGAS?

Comment

I do not add them as connections.

I can't think of a good reason other than I don't want them there.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

My fear is they suddenly have access to my connection lists etc and new people to cold call (contact) etc.

Should this be a worry?

TM
        Last edited by themistry; 10 June 2008, 10:51.

Comment

My fear is they suddenly have access to my connection lists etc and new people to cold call etc.

Worry?

TM
          Why worry?

Comment

I don't add them unless I have had a phone/email conversation first. Otherwise it feels just like they're spamming you and hoping to get a hit.
            Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

My fear is they suddenly have access to my connection lists etc and new people to cold call (contact) etc.

Should this be a worry?

TM
              Yes.

Comment

I think I have a couple but not too many. Apparently it leads to problems for pimps:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06...din_hays_ions/

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Should this be a worry?
                  Yes. I started adding agents but have since dropped most of them again because of that kind of behaviour. Now I just have a couple I have met and my current pimp.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I ignored a request from one that set me up for an interview six months ago.

I didn't get that gig either but that didn't stop him phoning up again last week to check my availability.

Comment

Working...
                    X