• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accomodation - Bath

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accomodation - Bath

Hi,

Does anyone know of any accomodation in/near Bath for a couple of contractors working ad hoc (i.e. a few weeks at a time)?

Thanks

Emily

Have stayed here a few times....

http://www.theresidencebath.com/

Very friendly, great food, close proximity to Bath. Bit pricey though...unless you are a real contractor and like the high life. Especially good if your client picks up the bill.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Bath Youth Hostel. £13.95 a night. Loads of facilities. 2-bed rooms available (may be more than £13.95 for those).

Though no one ever takes me seriously when I bang on about Youth Hostels.

Comment

Having to share a room with Spider or Swampy kind of puts me off
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
          Bath Youth Hostel. £13.95 a night. Loads of facilities. 2-bed rooms available (may be more than £13.95 for those).

Though no one ever takes me seriously when I bang on about Youth Hostels.
          Surely most contractors get the client to pay accomodation costs and stay in the Marriott or some such equivalent

Comment

Client paying for Accom, surely that puts you inside IR35?
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Having to share a room with Spider or Swampy kind of puts me off
              Well, OP says "for a couple of contractors", and you can get 2-bed rooms, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Nope

Comment

By what measure?

Every client I've ever worked for in Europe has paid for the accom. either directly or via invoice (which is plus VAT of course, nice little earner).
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

If a plumber came to you house to fix your boiler. Would you happily pay his accommodation costs? Or would you expect his cost to be factored into his charge rate?

I would have expected the Client paying for hotel accommodation was a pointer toward IR35.

Comment

Working...
                    X