• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The 1st Dutch Goal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 1st Dutch Goal

Was actually onside - never realised that. You watch a game for years and think you know the rules and one comes along and catches you out.

Great game of football and wonder how much the Dutch odds dropped today ...
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Was actually onside - never realised that. You watch a game for years and think you know the rules and one comes along and catches you out.

Great game of football and wonder how much the Dutch odds dropped today ...
    The rules only changed recently. A player is now "active" even if he is off the pitch, when he left the pitch without the refs prior permission.

Used to be that crafty defenders would wander off the back of the goal to put someone offside. The idea behind the change was to stop that I think.
    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
      The rules only changed recently. A player is now "active" even if he is off the pitch, when he left the pitch without the refs prior permission.

Used to be that crafty defenders would wander off the back of the goal to put someone offside. The idea behind the change was to stop that I think.
      And a very sensible rule it is too...

I am supporting the Netherlands - Hup! Holland Hup!

This has absolutely nothing to do with my dutch mate booking us into the Orangekamp in Berne this Friday and me now wanting to avoid a beating from "Keyse" or any other drunken dutch muppet...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
      X