• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accomodation and Travel - Poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accomodation and Travel - Poll

Assuming you are in a non-commutable gig what's the norm for you?

Exciting Poll to follow...
    I quote exclusive of expenses and client pays travel and Accomodation
    11.90%
    Rate is all in, I find the cheapest Accomodation possible
    64.29%
    Other - will specify
    14.29%
    I stay at andyw's house
    9.52%

I find a lonely divorcee and shag her brains out in return for bed, breakfast and an ironed shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      I find a lonely divorcee and shag her brains out in return for bed, breakfast and an ironed shirt.
      You have to iron her shirt?
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
        You have to iron her shirt?
        Erm, nope.

Comment

Rate all in but I still travel 1st class and stay somewhere reasonable. One has to have standards.

Comment

I use a rate card approach. I know what I need to live on (not that much), I add on travel/living cost (obviously a variable) and another uplift to reflect seniority (aka risk of getting blamed for it failing...) and use that total as the day rate. If I can charge the expenses directly I will - and obviously drop my quoted day rate to suit - but only as a convenience; point is the client pays for them anyway.

As an aside, price is not the driver. After 25 years flogging around the UK's business hotels, I put a much higher value on comfort. My favourtie hotel for a long time was a six-bedroom farmhouse conversion in Gainsborough for around £40 B&B at today's prices.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              Rate all in but I still travel 1st class and stay somewhere reasonable. One has to have standards.
              Quite right.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                Yep - I found a cracking stable conversion in Kent, kind of self catering, that had power shower, broadband access (RJ45 connection in wall) and breakfast cereals, bread, milk and fruit juices provided fresh daily. All this with beautiful countryside and the local village (great pubs, indian, chinese, chip shop and small tesco) 5 mins walk. £56 a night.
                Blood in your poo

Comment

Client pays for flights + taxis/mileage. I pay for food and hotels.

Usually I book somewhere half decent though.

Comment

i'm on an all-in. lower costs mean bigger profit.

Comment

Working...
                    X